Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Film Vaults #4 - Into The West (1992)


My choice for "The Film Vaults" this week is possibly my favourite film of all-time, Into The West...
Why is Into The West one of my favourite films of all time? Well, first off its Irish... Secondly, its got Gabriel Byrne, Colm Meaney, David Kelly and Brendan Gleeson all in the same film, as well as many other fantastic Irish actors... Thirdly, it's a film about two travellers making their way across the country on a stolen horse because they think they're cowboys... What more can one ask for in a film?
Ultimately, Into The West is just a fantastic film that absolutely everyone in the family can enjoy and is packed full of fantastic scenes and great quotes...
If it wasn't for my fear of horses I may have tried to recreate the events of this film myself at one point, but alas it was not to be...
I'd write more about the film, but I'd much rather go watch instead - I suggest you do the same...
"Tito! Tito! Don't leave me Tito!"

No comments:

Post a Comment