Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Selection Box #5 - Saved By The Bell


Bit of a blast from the past this week for "The Selection Box" with Saved by the Bell...
Even though it only ran from 1989 to 1993, repeats throughout the '90s ultimately resulted in Saved by the Bell moulding me into the person I am today - a smooth talker who's scams always go awry, just like Zack Morris, although he always seemed to have better luck with the ladies...
Obviously I was disappointed when I eventually got to secondary school and it was nothing like Bayside High - not a bright orange walk-in locker in sight and the closest thing I ever got to The Max was Eddie Rockets...
No matter how many times I see a single episode of Saved By The Bell, it still manages to bring a smile to my face and since I managed to wrangle up the entire collection on DVD, even on a rainy day I can take a trip to sunny California and the brightness of the Bayside High corridors - possibly the cheesiest sentence I've ever written in my entire life...
So maybe you're thinking, its just an old school kids show with stereotypical characters who represent different American High School cliques, and that's exactly what it is, but its also amazing and has a cracking theme tune... "It's all right, because I'm Saved By The Bell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment